From: geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] ipv6
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:41:30 -0400	[thread overview]

Over the last two days I've pushed out a new ipconfig, some small
utilities, and changes to the kernel and manual pages.  ipconfig(8) is
a good place to start.  ipconfig is now able to configure more of the
ipv6 stack, in particular automatically configuring the link-local
address and enabling sending or receiving of router advertisements.

I haven't been able to test the IPv6 functionality very thoroughly
here, though it does seem to work at least minimally.  Feedback on the
new ipconfig from people who are using IPv6 is welcomed.

The ipv6 attribute is now documented in ndb(6), but the trade-off
between just using an ip attribute with an IPv6 address and using the
ipv6 attribute is not yet obvious to me.

One thing we don't have yet is DHCPv6.  The sheer size of the stack of
paper that is the DHCPv6 RFCs is daunting.