I'm sorry, I'm sure this is already very clearly documented somewhere. I'm a newbie and having a little trouble getting started. I created a user and have the network up. When I try to do 'pull' I'm asked for authentication (user/password). When searching I've seen things like, "9p read factotum/ctl" -- just assuming I'm supposed to type that in as written to read about how to authenticate for 'pull' but it doesn't work -- neither for me nor glenda. Sorry to be asking such a rudimentary question, Eric