I am not sure I will solve your problem, but maybe give some input. I had a similar problem (That the '<' key to the right of the left shift key on ISO-style keyboards didn't work) on a Bell Labs Plan 9 on my Raspberry PI (though it might nowadays, it is an old installation on that sdcard). It does however work on 9front on my Pi. If I remember correctly, I had the key working on a PC running Bell Labs Plan 9 if I connected the keyboard to PS/2, but not when connected to USB using a converter. But again, on 9front it works both on PS/2 and USB on that PC for me. Jonas <-----Ursprungligt Meddelande-----> From: Jens K. Loewe [jens.k.loewe@gmail.com] Sent: 24/7/2019 9:57:27 PM To: 9fans@9fans.net Subject: [9fans] Trying to make 9front work on QWERTZ Ahoy, I've been trying to give 9front a test ride for a while now, and I'm stuck with one specific problem. So I have a German keyboard layout where <, > and | are on the same key. However, while I have no problems with these keys, in 9front the key seems to be dead on all of my keyboards. I tried quite a lot of them, both inside QEMU on two different computers and on a dedicated ThinkPad. Also, using the de layout does not fix that. Is that a known problem or a configuration error? .