* [9fans] spurious index entries
@ 2005-02-28  9:56 Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2005-02-28  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sometimes in the last weeks I get log messages on the venti+fossil
fileserver saying:

could not write super block; waiting 10 seconds
blistAlloc: called on clean block

However, the system stays operational.

My first idea was to do a checkindex.  Then I get a lot of these
messages:

spurious entry in index for score=<score>; found 6 entries expected 5
bad bucket found=396084: unknown error
spurious entry in index for score=<score> type=13
bad bucket found=396959: unknown error
spurious entry in index for score=<score> type=13

This sounds alarming.  What does that mean, in fact?  Are archived
data corrupted?  Is it likely to be just a hard disk error?

Heiko

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-02-28  9:56 UTC | newest]