Hi Well, isn't programs compiled with p9p statically linked? if so, ask someone to put a binaries repository, or do it yourself ? Just one binary should work for each platform, isn't it? ask Russ for that posibility, i'm sure they have binaries for all the platform p9p supports. gabi 2005/8/10, Anselm R. Garbe : > > On 8/10/05, Gabriel Diaz wrote: > > Afaik plan9ports main target is make a plan9-like environment on unix > clones > > to develop in the same way plan9. And to make a program work in plan9 > and > > unix without modifications. > > > > I think that is the reason of that extra-abstraction you mention. > > That makes sense, but with some modularization in mind, this could be > separated into some dev-wrapper package/directory. The main idea I got > is to modularize the whole p9p into sub-pieces, that one don't needs > to install all 420kSLOC if one wants only depend on some p9 libs or on > some bits of the whole thing, ie acme only. > > Regards, > -- > Anselm R. Garbe ><>< www.ebrag.de ><>< GPG key: > 0D73F361 >