Hi where you download your CD image? are you speaking about the vesa one provided in 9grid.de ? What kind of installation you done? (kfs or fossil or fossil+venti) Do you see any error during install process? Where is the advice of the plan9.ini file edition ? Normally plan9.ini is generated automatically and works well, and normally you should done a fossil installation. If you provide more info about your installation for sure we can help you to get it running. gabi 2005/8/25, Ezequiel Reyes : > > I didnt use the floppy at all. It would not star graphics. I used the > kernel > offered in the CD for instalation, it worked ok. Then I started the CD in > demo mode and made: > 9fat: > as adviced here to edit the plan9.ini on the newly installed system. There > was an empty plan9.ini file there, thatīs all the instalation left there, > so > I configured it and restarted. > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Russ Cox" > To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu> > Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 8:42 AM > Subject: Re: [9fans] problems booting a new install > > > > Is it a problem with my root not defined in the ini? Need I use rootdir > or > > something? which would be the path? > > why are you writing your own plan9.ini? there should be > one in the 9fat partition that is just right. if you are booting > off a floppy, remove the plan9.ini from the floppy and > it should use the 9fat version. > > russ > >