Hello may be this is interesting :) http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/ gabi On 4/5/06, David Leimbach wrote: > > You'd need a way to boot it first of all. > > No x86 based mac has BIOS. It's all EFI, and without the BIOS > backward compatibility modules. > > Someone put together a bunch of stuff for booting Windows XP Pro and > has an installation method, but it is far from easy or even supported > by anyone. It would likely work for Plan 9 as well. > > Best bet is to wait until Parallels put's out their new virtualization > product for Mac OS X, it will use the new Intel Virtualization > Hardware and, if the claims are all true, you'll be able to run pretty > much any OS at close to native speed on top of Mac OS X using this new > software. > > http://www.parallels.com > > So far, looks like the software is only 50 bucks. > > There is a free demo for linux users, but I don't have the hardware in > question on anything but a Mac. > > Dual booting really bites it anyway IMO. > > Dave > > On 4/5/06, Daniel Soderstrom wrote: > > Can Plan 9 be installed on a x86 Mac Mini? I'd like to have a play > > with Plan 9, but don't want a ugly bitsa PC taking up the space. I > > should be able to do everything remotely on the Plan 9 box just using > > ssh or x windows? > > > > Finally, the possibilities of Plan 9 seem really intriging, has > > anything new and different been done on Plan 9 which could only be > > supported by its architecture? > > > > Cheers, > > > > Daniel. > > Perth, Australia. > > >