Hello Bad luck then, it worked on the ATI's i tried (7500 and X300 iirc) There was an ATI driver but i think it was not updated to work with the newer ATI X models. gabi On 8/4/06, Anssi Porttikivi wrote: > > No, "vesa" is not working as a monitor type for the CD installer. "No > frame buffer" results. > > And I don't find anything promising in the vgadb, to add a new id string. > > On 8/4/06, Gabriel Diaz wrote: > > Hello > > > > I think vesa driver should work with that card. > > Have you tried monitor=vesa during the boot process? > > > > I have a Z60t working fine, but it has an intel card. > > > > gabi > > > > > > > > On 8/4/06, Anssi Porttikivi wrote: > > > My IBM Thinkpad Z60m has "ATI Radeon Mobility". Any hints, if there > is a > > > way to modify vgadb to make the CD image boot to rio? Text mode works, > > > and I have learned to use ramfs, ed (ouch!) and bind to edit the > > > vgadb. > > > > > > > >