* [9fans] IBM/Lenovo Z60m and ATI Radeon Mobility
@ 2006-08-04  7:49 Anssi Porttikivi
From: Anssi Porttikivi @ 2006-08-04  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

My IBM Thinkpad Z60m has "ATI  Radeon Mobility". Any hints, if there is a
way to modify vgadb to make the CD image boot to rio? Text mode works,
and I have learned to use ramfs, ed (ouch!) and bind to edit the
vgadb.

* Re: [9fans] IBM/Lenovo Z60m and ATI Radeon Mobility
@ 2006-08-04  7:55 ` Gabriel Diaz
From: Gabriel Diaz @ 2006-08-04  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello

I think vesa driver should work with that card.
Have you tried monitor=vesa during the boot process?

I have a Z60t working fine, but it has an intel card.

gabi

@ 2006-08-04  9:55   ` Anssi Porttikivi
From: Anssi Porttikivi @ 2006-08-04  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

No, "vesa" is not working as a monitor type for the CD installer. "No
frame buffer" results.

And I don't find anything promising in the vgadb, to add a new id string.

@ 2006-08-04 10:01     ` Gabriel Diaz
From: Gabriel Diaz @ 2006-08-04 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs