Hello you got /dev/audio and /dev/audioctl after the bind #A? if the answer is yes you have a supported soundcard, the easiest way to test it is using cdfs. insert an audio-cd on your drive use cdfs to mount it under /mnt/cd and go there then cat a* > /dev/audio if still there is no sound type something like echo 'volume out 100%' > /dev/audioctl gabi On 8/7/06, John Boutland wrote: > > I mailed a couple of days ago on this subject but have not found an > answer yet. It would be vey nice to get this very neat > bit of software going. Following a reply from Gabi Diaz(?) who suggested > that the Ensoniq es1371 was not supported, I dug up an oldish SB16 card > but have still had no success. From earlier postings, I've tried > audio0=type=sb16 port=0x220 (as well as audio1, type=ess1688 and various > other ports) in plan9.ini, and have run bind '#A' /dev. Following a (Dec > 2000, so maybe out of date) posting from Russ Cox, I didn't enter irq or > dma; even more variables to get wrong). As I mentioned earlier, > everything works except I get no sound. I get the track title OK from > the server. Using some of these ports produces other errors, as I would > expect. Russ Cox's posting mentioned a program, tsb.c, a soundblaster > probe, but it's no longer around, at least where it used to be. > John > >