Hello I hope it is interesting for someone. slds. gabi ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Gunnar Ritter Date: Oct 10, 2006 4:25 PM Subject: [Groff] OpenDocument to troff converter To: groff@gnu.org Hi, I announce the availability of an import filter to convert OpenDocument files to troff input. I have released it as part of my Heirloom Documentation Tools package, but since it is not actually specific to a troff variant, it may be useful with groff as well. As most of you probably know, OpenDocument is the native file format of OpenOffice 2. Since OpenOffice itself can import many other word processor formats, e.g. Word or RTF, it is thus also possible to derive troff documents from such files. The filter is aimed at a process where authors hand in word processor files for producing a typeset document. It has thus been written with the intent of creating troff code that can be comfortably edited further; on the other hand, it discards specific measurement data such as point sizes or page offsets since it is expected that the typesetter will introduce his own consistent scheme for them. Usage instructions can be found at the beginning of the converter script. Gunnar _______________________________________________ Groff mailing list Groff@gnu.org http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/groff