* [9fans] OpenDocument to troff converter
       [not found] <452bad5a.rQQKB1/Cnt773x7B%gunnarr@acm.org>
@ 2006-10-10 14:36 ` Gabriel Diaz
From: Gabriel Diaz @ 2006-10-10 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello

I hope it is interesting for someone.

slds.

gabi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gunnar Ritter <gunnarr@acm.org>
Date: Oct 10, 2006 4:25 PM
Subject: [Groff] OpenDocument to troff converter
To: groff@gnu.org

Hi,

I announce the availability of an import filter to convert
OpenDocument files to troff input. I have released it as
part of my Heirloom Documentation Tools package, but since
it is not actually specific to a troff variant, it may be
useful with groff as well.

As most of you probably know, OpenDocument is the native
file format of OpenOffice 2. Since OpenOffice itself can
import many other word processor formats, e.g. Word or RTF,
it is thus also possible to derive troff documents from
such files.

The filter is aimed at a process where authors hand in
word processor files for producing a typeset document.
It has thus been written with the intent of creating
troff code that can be comfortably edited further;
on the other hand, it discards specific measurement
data such as point sizes or page offsets since it is
expected that the typesetter will introduce his own
consistent scheme for them.

Usage instructions can be found at the beginning of the
converter script.

        Gunnar