Hello the listen command you see should be run from the fossil console i think, see fossilcons(8) you can configure fossil using fossil/conf to run the listen command on each boot something like: % fossil/conf /dev/sdC0 > flproto add listen command to flproto % cat flproto | fossil/conf -w /dev/sdC0 check the fossil man pages for the correct syntax. slds. gabi On 1/9/07, Alberto Cortés wrote: > > I have a cpu/auth/fs server configured as the Wiki > ("Configuring_a_Standalone_CPU_Server") suggests. I have created > some test user accounts. > > I also have an standalone terminal (with its own fossil). > > I can cpu from the terminal to the server (as any user). > I can drawterm to the server (as any user). > > My problem(s): > I can not boot the terminal with the server as fs and auth: > (boot: can't connect to file server: connection timed out) > Also, I can not 9fs to the server. > > > > Running "snoopy" and "netstat -n" on the server I have discovered > that my server is not a fs server at all. There is nobody > listening at tcp 564. > > /rc/bin/service/!tcp564 launch exportfs which I belive is not > authenticated: if I rename /rc/bin/service/!tcp564 to > /rc/bin/service/tcp564 and reboot the server, my problem is > gone, I can 9fs to it and boot the terminal with the server > as fs and auth. But the user is not asked for a password when > booting :(. > > Searching 9fans archive I have read that: > > disk/kfscmd 'listen tcp!*!564' > > is this solutions to all my problems. > > Also on the wiki (Setting_up_fossil) says: > > If you want to serve the network you can run the commands > > listen tcp!*!9fs > listen il!*!9fs > > > but there are some things in kfscmd manpage that I don't fully > ubnderstands and prevent me from using the "disk/kfscmd" solution: > > listen [address] > > [...] > This feature is intended to facilitate small > networks of a couple machines in the situation when > convenience is more important than performance. This > command is only useful on machines with (possibly > simulated) NVRAM, which needs to be readable to the kfs > processes; see readnvram in authsrv(2). The production > file server (see fs(4)) is strongly encouraged for > anything more than casual use. > [...] > > So, how do I properly build a file server? > > > -- > http://bach.gast.it.uc3m.es/~alcortes/index.html >