On Jan 29, 2010, at 1:35 PM, Giacomo Tesio wrote: > I've tried again and it worked by using a dynamically sized hd of 3 > GB ad using a 2 GB fossil partition starting at cylinder 1 > > Don't ask me why it worked for a while (some minutes) and than > crashed with similar messages. > > I suppose I've done it right, but I'm not sure. > A similar procedure worked on QEMU, but it's by far slower. > > > If you managed to get a Plan9 working Microsoft Virtual PC please > tell me the procedure you used, the hd settings, the partitions and > how you configured the mbr... I just did everything with the default settings, which made me wonder. I tried it out on a couple other machines, with varying success. Certain machines worked fine, others had issues. I'm not sure why it varies. > > Thanks a lot! > > > Giacomo > > > > On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Patrick Kelly > wrote: > > On Jan 29, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Giacomo Tesio wrote: > > Hello 9fans! > > I've tried to install Plan 9 on a 64 bit Windows 7 using Virtual PC, > since I've read that a related bug was fixed and noone tried it. > I just announced it worked like 2 weeks ago. > > > Actually, after the fourth tentative (after creating a fossil > partition a bit smaller than the fixed size hd) I got rc starting by > logging with the glenda user. > > BUT, after the rio start I got the attached error. > I never had any problems starting up Plan 9 with rio, heck I never > had any trouble at all. You sure you have everything set up right on > your end? > > > I'll use QEMU as I read it should work, but I hope this feedback > could help. > > > > Giacomo > > > >