* [9fans] bitsy questions
@ 2002-05-13 16:52 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-05-13 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I started to play w/ the bitsy, in part to adapt the sdata thing,
which seems that no longer works in the 4th edition. So my first
question is, anyone already doing this?

The second question is that I'm getting what I think are
ramfs crashes. They are quite reproducible, if I open in acme
/ or /bin I usually get a series of "Bseek: unknown state" messages
and then the fs no longer works. Anyone saw the same thing?

thanks

PS: I saw the console putchar disabled, enabled it, and it seems to work
fine. Ditto for suspend (which resets the thing by default). Bug or
feature?

* Re: [9fans] Bitsy questions (was: Plan 9 questions and quarrel)
@ 2004-03-09 16:06 jmk
From: jmk @ 2004-03-09 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue Mar  9 10:09:42 EST 2004, Axel.Belinfante@cs.utwente.nl wrote:
> A somewhat related question:
>
> Is the support for pcmcia disks only in the
> ipaq (bitsy) kernel, or also in the pc one?
>
> (I tried over a year ago, and then it worked on
>  ipaq and not on a laptop, and I'm wondering
>  if that was due to erroneous config on my side,
>  or simply because it is (was?) not supported)
> (it was a toshiba MK5002MPL)
>
> Axel.

there is some disabled code in pc/sdata.c which i put in just to see
if it would work:

if(0){
	/*
	 * Hack for PCMCIA drives.
	 * This will be tidied once we figure out how the whole
	 * removeable device thing is going to work.
	 */

--jim