* [9fans] soverflow for fx->in
@ 2010-07-25  0:33 James Chapman
From: James Chapman @ 2010-07-25  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:
>> what's happening is that the printing of "soverflow for fx->in"
>> is wasting so much time that the imap server gets bored and hangs
>> up.
>
> This is really dragging out for 30 minutes?

No. Not that long.

Also, I just did a pull from sources which appears to have updated
almost the complete contents of /386. This caused the "soverflow for
fx->in" message to appear. I had to run pull three times to get it to
finish.

James

* [9fans] soverflow for fx->in
@ 2009-10-26 16:33 Andreas Eriksen
From: Andreas Eriksen @ 2009-10-26 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Our cpu/auth/file went belly up some time during the weekend. It
responded to ping, but we couldn't drawterm in. No response from
the vblade process providing storage to our XenServers either.
Walking down to the machine I found the screen full of "soverflow
for fx->in" messages. I had to reboot it to get the virtual machines
back online, so this is my only clue (print statement in
/sys/src/9/pc/devether.c:186 ). The machine had been working happily
for over a week before this. Any ideas as to how i can keep this
from happening again?

The ethernet controller is an "Intel®PRO/1000 GT Desktop Adapter"
according to the sticker on the back, on bootup i get
#l0: i82543: 1000 Mbps port 0xFEBE0000 irq 5 tu 1514:000e0c73d17a