You are right, sources was up last time I updated something which was Monday afternoon. If people have been having problems for a week, it was probably something else. Two weeks ago it was the power grid. This was indeed the worst infection I've seen. The Plan9/Linux/BSDers got to look really smug while helping people disinfect their µsoft machines. I found the worm quite helpful. It pinpointed every machine that wasn't keeping up with windows critical updates and/or mcafee .dat's without really doing any permanent harm (I hope). A lot of those systems were infected with a bunch of other viruses that noone was noticing because they were latent or just not noisey enough. It'll cause a change in tools/precedures to keep everyone's system updated. Of course, you have to count that against the man hours it sonsumed, which was sizable. Also, it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone's attitude towards depending so heavily on one very vulnerable OS.