From: Winston Kodogo <kodogo@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Any demand for a supported Windows version of p9port?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 13:41:43 +1200	[thread overview]

Hey Chris

Cygwin is an option. Albeit one I wouldn’t use. The guys who did pf9 used mingw. Which I also wouldn’t use. I like MS Visual Studio with access to the native libraries on the platform of my choice - so colour me bigoted.

I was kind of wondering if there was an option for people who like Microsoft development tools to build Plan9 tools, which are admittedly a minority taste in the Windows world, without spending several weeks installing 3rd party tools and then being told how stupid they are.