* [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-20 18:48 lucio
From: lucio @ 2008-03-20 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm seeking advice.

APE does not include EWOULDBLOCK in its <errno.h>.  I have a feeling
that no syscall will return EWOULDBLOCK as an error code, so I fail to
see any reason not to include it.  Am I missing something?

++L

* Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-20 19:21 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-03-20 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:48 AM,  <lucio@proxima.alt.za> wrote:

>  APE does not include EWOULDBLOCK in its <errno.h>.  I have a feeling
>  that no syscall will return EWOULDBLOCK as an error code, so I fail to
>  see any reason not to include it.  Am I missing something?

If it's not there, and someone uses EWOULDBLOCK, they'll get an
error.Probably a good idea.

I.E.

You Have Been Warned.

:-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-20 19:23 ` Richard Bilson
From: Richard Bilson @ 2008-03-20 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>  APE does not include EWOULDBLOCK in its <errno.h>.  I have a feeling
>  that no syscall will return EWOULDBLOCK as an error code, so I fail to
>  see any reason not to include it.  Am I missing something?

I think it's common on UNIX systems for EWOULDBLOCK to be a synonym for EAGAIN.

* Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-20 20:09   ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2008-03-20 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>  I think it's common on UNIX systems for EWOULDBLOCK to be a synonym for EAGAIN.

that's correct, at least acording to my POSIX man pages I have in the
posix-man contrib package.

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-21  4:07     ` Skip Tavakkolian
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2008-03-21  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on linux :)

here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?

--
Skip Tavakkolian - Founder/President
9Netics, Inc.

* Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-21  5:19       ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2008-03-21  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

well to be honest i did use up more than my share of wood blocks ...
but my fire was raging. in the early 80s when a thousand new errnos
were introduced it was a cocktail afternoon at basser, and i think it
was andrew taylor who looked at ENAMELON and exclaimed "And A Melon?"
... so i made melon daiquiris.

brucee

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Skip Tavakkolian
<skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com> wrote:
> a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on linux :)
>
> here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?
>

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Federico G. Benavento
> <benavento@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >  I think it's common on UNIX systems for EWOULDBLOCK to be a synonym for EAGAIN.
> >
> >  that's correct, at least acording to my POSIX man pages I have in the
> >  posix-man contrib package.
> >

> >  --
> >  Federico G. Benavento
> >

> --
> Skip Tavakkolian - Founder/President
> 9Netics, Inc.
> 206.463.9600
> Want Secure Remote File Access From Anywhere?
> Visit: http://www.rangboom.com

* Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-21  5:53       ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-03-21  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Skip Tavakkolian
<skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com> wrote:
> a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on linux :)
>
>  here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?

All of them.

ron

* Re: [9fans] EWOULDBLOCK in APE
@ 2008-03-21 13:18       ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2008-03-21 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:07 AM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:

> a couple of weeks ago brucee and i were looking for "wood block" on
> linux :)
>
> here's a little torture: which header file has the errno's on linux?
On the contrary: none of them, because if SCO doesn't realize that
once they release Unix as OSS they can't sue Torvalds over errno.h
there will be none.

Why did AT&T sell the rights to Unix in the first place? And why not
also V8/V9/V10?