* [9fans] disk dma on before init /bin/rc
@ 2009-08-13 13:00 Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2009-08-13 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all

The subject says it all.
Is it possible to turn on dma before calling the init scripts?
or in fossil+venti installation turn on dma before loading venti

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com

* Re: [9fans] disk dma on before init /bin/rc
@ 2009-08-13 13:18 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-13 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, 9fans

On Thu Aug 13 09:03:44 EDT 2009, fernanbolando@mailc.net wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The subject says it all.
> Is it possible to turn on dma before calling the init scripts?
> or in fossil+venti installation turn on dma before loading venti

with my new sd stuff, it is possible.  put this in plan9.ini
*sdXXdma=on
you can also set maxio from plan9.ini
*idemaxio=n

i realize that one can always turn on dma once the machine
has booted, but at one point on one machine it appeared
that pio was getting sideways before one could turn dma on.
idemaxio was added for similar reasons.

- erik