From: "Steve Simon" <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Fossil on devfs
Date: Thu,  2 Feb 2006 23:20:21 +0000	[thread overview]

RE: disk mirroring

Have you cloned the data from your existing fossil to its new mirror,
you must do this by hand (with dd) before you first enable mirroring;
I do this booted from the CDROM.

You should be able to see the mirrored partition and the file containing
fs's config in #k/fs, On my home server:

	cpu% ls '#k/fs'
	'#k/fs/arenas0'
	'#k/fs/ctl'
	cpu% cat '#k/fs/ctl'
	mirror arenas0 /dev/sd06/arenas0 /dev/sd010/arenas0
	cpu%

I use a mirrored venti rather than mirrored fossil but the principal
is the same.

Posting the contents of your plan9.ini, the contents of your fscfg
partition, and the fossil config might help me or others debug the problem,
however if you are using Andreys recpie it should Just Work™

Also rembember, if you are checking for the existance of devfs in your kernel,
if you are connected from a remote plan9/drawterm it may have mounted its
/dev/drivers before your file servers one, try:

	cat /dev/dri?ers | grep devfs

-Steve