* [9fans] tr2post fails on japanese characters
@ 2002-08-26  7:52 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2002-08-26  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I like to use Plan 9 for my paper works.
As the starting point, I tried to produce
a postscript file from /sys/doc/utf.ms by

	term% troff -ms utf.ms | page
	converting from troff to postscript...
	/386/bin/aux/tr2post: <stdin>:56 :WARNING: cannot find glyph,
		rune=0x3053 stoken=<xx> troff font Jp
	... <and so on>

tr2post couldn't glyphs for Japanese character, seemingly.
All I can do is to look in /sys/lib/postscript/troff/Jp and
it contains the line of
	0x0000 0x0001 Times-Roman

Could you give me any suggestion?
--
YAMANASHI Takeshi

* Re: [9fans] tr2post fails on japanese characters
@ 2002-08-26 11:00 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2002-08-26 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> As /sys/doc/mkfile should demonstrate, you need to use a macro
> package -mnihongo.

Thank you.  I've got a start at least.

> The Japanese font is rendered directly into
> postscript from bitmaps, and doesn't look very good

I sadly agree you in this respect.
I will try to use my printer's internal Kanji font.
--
YAMANASHI Takeshi