From: Pietro Gagliardi <pietro10@mac.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Trouble building X11
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:13:10 -0500	[thread overview]

Hello. I have quite a few projects on my workload in Plan 9, most of
them deadlocked. My attempt to port Ruby 1.9.0 stopped with the fact
there is no pthreads in APE. I'm trying to coerce APE to work with
libthread, but it is not working yet (clash between libc and libape
on malloc).

So until then, I decided to go back to trying to build X11. My plan
is to compile some sort of web browser via X11. When building gets to
compiling /sys/src/X11/programs/Xserver/Xext/shape.c, the compilation
stops, with the following errors:
I know X11 was done on Brazil, which became Fourth Edition. Does
anyone know what's wrong?

PS - My goal is to go from X11 to Qt 4 to KDE 4 to compile at least
Konqeror successfully.