From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Intel i81x driver
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:11:11 +0900	[thread overview]

For the memory of David Hogan who contributed much to our
Plan 9 community, and for my machine at home,
I updated /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga/i81x.c for use with high resolution
CRTs.

Original dhog's driver assumes that the registers for LCD are set
properly by the machine's BIOS, in such case for notebook.   Then,
it didn't work for high resolution CRTs.   I added codes for it.
I have, though, only one machine with the chip of i810-DC100
(0x8086/0x7123, actually, it's DELL Optiplex-GX100, old enough☺),
and tested only on it.

I chose to send this to the developper, because I thought graphic
driver should be included in the distribution itself.  If not, how we
can install Plan 9 in some case.  Then, I believe this update will help
some wjo has 810-DC100 on board chip on the machine at least.
It will work upto 1376x1024x16.   If someone has problem with
this driver, I'll do my best if I can help you.

Kenji