From: john@csplan9.rit.edu
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Re: plan 9 newbie...!!!!!
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:53:23 -0500	[thread overview]

> On Dec 20, 6:28 am, vej...@gmail.com (Juan M. Mendez) wrote:
>> On 20/12/2007, codewarrior85 <pcrkis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >  Also is there a good scope for programming environment in Plan 9 ?? I
>> > would be programming in C....Are there pre built compilers for C in
>> > Plan 9 that come with jus like Linux ?????
>>
>> There are compilers for C for several architectures. If you are
>> interested in programming
>> for Plan9, take a look at:
>>
>> http://lsub.org/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf
>>
>> Also notes to plan9 kernel source:http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/who/nemo/9.pdf
>>
>> Pay a visit to the wiki to see installation instruction and supported hardware.http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/plan_9_wiki/
>>
>> Good luck !!!!
>> --
>> Fidonet: 2:345/432.2
>
> Thanx a lot for the info.........
>
> But also i would be really happy if anyone could answer my other
> questions....Because i dont want to make a mess of the installation in
> a dual mode....So if any one ever tried Plan 9 in a dual mode....Plz
> provide me some info on it....whether  can i use it along with any BSD
> version or Minix 3.......i.e ....I would love to have Plan 9 with
> Minix 3 .....or Plan 9 with BSD.... Any valuable suggestion
> plz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite common practice, "........." is not actually valid
punctuation, although "..." is. Nor does !!!!!!!! indicate
competent excitement; instead, it suggests someone who
just escaped AOL. If you actually do some coding, r
emember that it's "if (!foo)", not "if.......(!!!!!!!!foo)".

Okay, grammar nazi mode off. Plan 9 works fine in
multiboot. Just make sure you *don't* install the Plan
9 bootloader and MBR; you can then boot into your other
operating system and set up its bootloader to include
Plan 9. It works well with GRUB and LILO, and while
I've never done it, it would seem that the *BSD loaders
can handle it too.

Have fun

John