* [9fans] smtpfs
@ 2000-10-27 22:23 Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2000-10-27 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

looking at inferno's smtp module i thought why not an smtpfs?

all you do is write the 822 message into /n/smtp and it parses
the message and delivers it.

it's trivial.

a minimal 822 message is:

or:

    Bcc:

ok, we can toss the Date: 'cos the server can add that.  we can
toss the From: 'cos the Tattach has the uid.  parsing To:/Cc:/Bcc:
is trivial 'cos i have a yacc grammar that does that.

so MH style 'comp' is just:

    cat <<'!'
    Bcc:

    !

sourced into say acme, then name the file /n/smtp and Put sends it.