From: "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb+usenet@becket.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] no longer samuel
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:42:36 +0000	[thread overview]

quinn@groat.ugcs.caltech.edu (Quinn Dunkan) writes:

> > Actually, the most important reason I don't use vi is that I use the
> > Dvorak keyboard, and the use of positional keys in vi (hjkl) is a pain
> > when you are using a different key layout.
>
> I use vi in dvorak and find the qwerty positions for hjkl pretty bizarre.
> Not to mention unnatural.  Possibly even insane.

Hrm, maybe I've never tried hard enough.  Do you use arrow keys to
navigate, or do you just hit the dvorak hjkl and it doesn't bother you
at all?

Since I switched to dvorak, I haven't been able to enjoy a single game
of hack/rogue, which is a lack far more important to me than what
editor I use...so if you have any real suggestions about vi in dvorak,
I'm interested, because I could profitably torque that into hack. :)