* [9fans] caught by replica
@ 2003-03-18 18:04 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2003-03-18 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It seems that the reason why we're not getting the scheduler fix is
that apparently we already have it, sic.

What happen was that in a pull we got a disconnection from the network.
It seems that the files got added to the log, and not to the data base.
Since plan9.time was updated, replica is no longer pulling them.

We're fixing our problem by hand but I thought I should let others know.

hth

* Re: [9fans] caught by replica
@ 2003-03-18 18:14 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-03-18 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It seems that the reason why we're not getting the scheduler fix is
> that apparently we already have it, sic.
>
> What happen was that in a pull we got a disconnection from the network.
> It seems that the files got added to the log, and not to the data base.
> Since plan9.time was updated, replica is no longer pulling them.

I can't figure out how that could happen.
If you got disconnected then the copy operations
should have failed.  If they fail, then the time is
not updated.

Are you sure you didn't run pull -c to ignore the changes?

* Re: [9fans] caught by replica
@ 2003-03-18 18:21   ` Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2003-03-18 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It could be I was running a pull -c for a subset of the files.
Do you know the effect of a network disconnection while doing that?
Could it affect the status of files not being pulled -c that are
in the same batch?

After thinking it twice, I think I agree that it cannot happen,
so I think it all had to be a mistake on my side, sic.

thanks a lot

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1930 bytes --]

From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] caught by replica
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:14:47 -0500