``Hold it you two! Plan 9 is both a floor-wax AND a desert topping!'' -- Chevy Chase, Saturday Night Live ``If you want PL/I you know where you can find it!'' -- Dennis Ritchie We at Coraid are commited to using Plan 9 as a development environment, and as a source of new ideas on designing our products. As individuals, we have done so since the 1995 2nd Edition. The PIX from Cisco was developed using Plan 9, as was the LocalDirector. That seems to qualify as real world. Markets are complex things having a more to do with societal influences than detailed technology. How else can we explain VHS, Windows, and the `Survivors' television show? This message benefits the new readers of the list.