* [9fans] Adaptec 2940
@ 2007-01-09  3:30 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2007-01-09  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello everyone

I just got a "new" computer with an Adaptec 2940 card as the scsi1
device. I'd like to install Plan 9 on this beast, but I haven't really
found any indication that there is support for that SCSI card. Can
anybody help me out here?
Thanks

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

* Re: [9fans] Adaptec 2940
@ 2007-01-09 12:53 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2007-01-09 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

> I just got a "new" computer with an Adaptec 2940 card as the scsi1
> device. I'd like to install Plan 9 on this beast, but I haven't really
> found any indication that there is support for that SCSI card.

Bad news I'am afriad, they are not supported, if you search the 9fans archive
(via google) you will see they where discussed several times; As i rembember it
 all who went there came back screaming.

I still use symbolics/ncr/lsi/tekram cards which work well, though that is
mainly because I have a stock of fast SCSI disks. If I where building a
new plan9 machine I would use IDE these days.

If a new disk is out of the question you could always use qemu on top
of another OS.

-Steve