* Re: [9fans] problem with bootcd
@ 2004-11-19  2:02 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2004-11-19  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Nov 18 21:08:10 JST 2004, meilin wrote:
> I use the boot cd download from bell labs and install plan9 on my
> vmware 4.
>
> every time when "mountfs" i get this err:
> "disk/kfs" does not exist
> mount:can't open /srv/kfs._dev_sdC0fs:'/srv/kfs._dev_sdC0_fs' file does not exist

If you choose kfs on [configfs], how does the installation
go if you chose fossil instead?

* Re[2]: [9fans] problem with bootcd
@ 2004-11-19  5:01 ` meilin
From: meilin @ 2004-11-19  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

YAMANASHI
    I havn't test this yet:0
YT> On Thu Nov 18 21:08:10 JST 2004, meilin wrote:
>> I use the boot cd download from bell labs and install plan9 on my
>> vmware 4.
>>
>> every time when "mountfs" i get this err:
>> "disk/kfs" does not exist
>> mount:can't open /srv/kfs._dev_sdC0fs:'/srv/kfs._dev_sdC0_fs' file does not exist

YT> If you choose kfs on [configfs], how does the installation
YT> go if you chose fossil instead?

 meilin                            mailto:meilinxiaoxue@163.com

* Re: [9fans] problem with bootcd
@ 2004-11-18 14:45 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-11-18 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meilinxiaoxue, 9fans

> I use the boot cd download from bell labs and install plan9 on my
> vmware 4.
>
> every time when "mountfs" i get this err:
> "disk/kfs" does not exist
> mount:can't open /srv/kfs._dev_sdC0fs:'/srv/kfs._dev_sdC0_fs' file does not exist
>

> so I have to download a nother plan9.flp to boot from floppy

you are better off just installing from a CD under vmware.  there are
instructions for v4 in the Plan 9 wiki.

andrey

* [9fans] problem with bootcd
@ 2004-11-18 12:12 meilin
From: meilin @ 2004-11-18 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I use the boot cd download from bell labs and install plan9 on my
vmware 4.

every time when "mountfs" i get this err:
"disk/kfs" does not exist
mount:can't open /srv/kfs._dev_sdC0fs:'/srv/kfs._dev_sdC0_fs' file does not exist

so I have to download a nother plan9.flp to boot from floppy

onyone else has the problem?