* [9fans] fossil flushthread message
@ 2006-03-19  8:57 kazumi iwane
From: kazumi iwane @ 2006-03-19  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello 9fans,

My 9pcf's fossil(1) frequently disturbs my rio screen by printing
messages like

   flushthread found nothing to flush - 21 dirty

Does this indicate something wrong with my filesystem? Well, it
says 21 things are dirty but there is nothing to flush?

Also, does anybody know how to prevent these messages from
cluttering up on my screen?
--
- kazumi

* Re: [9fans] fossil flushthread message
@ 2006-03-19  9:00 ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2006-03-19  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

check:

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Console_messages/index.html

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] fossil flushthread message
@ 2006-03-20 15:53   ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2006-03-20 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I don't know if anyone else does this but ...

I frequently pop up a rio window and put
cat /dev/kprint
in it to catch this fluff.

Useful for unattended systems.

ron

* Re: [9fans] fossil flushthread message
@ 2006-03-20 16:11     ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2006-03-20 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

We do that a lot.
Specially useful when getting lots of planb debug messages :-)