From: "Francisco J Ballesteros" <nemo@lsub.org>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Why are some apps so slow?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:21:02 +0200	[thread overview]

I´ve found that many times there is a lot of latency added because of
multiple

walk, open, read, clunk.

Not that this could be the cause for this problem, but it reminded me
of it.

Anyone actually studied this? Anyone considered replacing this with, say,
put/get rpcs that do it all? In some cases there are multiple read (or write),
rounds, but many times, I see the 4 rpcs just to get a bunch of bytes.
This was a concern for us while using omero across slow network links.

just curiosity, thanks in any case.