* [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
@ 2009-07-12 21:10 Corey
From: Corey @ 2009-07-12 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"Introduction to OS abstractions using Plan 9 from Bell Labs"

Two previous sources for this document appear to be offline:

http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf

http://lsub.org/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf

Where else (on the web) can I get hold of this?

Thanks!

* Re: [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
@ 2009-07-12 21:19 ` james toy
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: james toy @ 2009-07-12 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: corey, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Corey

==8<==
> "Introduction to OS abstractions using Plan 9 from Bell Labs"
>
> Two previous sources for this document appear to be offline:
>
> http://lsub.org/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf
==8<==

I suspect lsub will be back up very shortly.  If you cannot wait until
then feel free to mail me off list and I will send you a copy.

+=jt

* Re: [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
@ 2009-07-12 21:28   ` james toy
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: james toy @ 2009-07-12 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: corey, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Corey

==8<==

@ 2009-07-12 21:57   ` Rob DeHart
From: Rob DeHart @ 2009-07-12 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It can also be found via archive.org at
http://web.archive.org/web/20070324142435/http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf

-Rob

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM, james toy <mail@0xabadba.be> wrote:

> Corey
>
> ==8<==
> > "Introduction to OS abstractions using Plan 9 from Bell Labs"
> >
> > Two previous sources for this document appear to be offline:
> >
> > http://lsub.org/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf
> ==8<==
>
> I suspect lsub will be back up very shortly.  If you cannot wait until
> then feel free to mail me off list and I will send you a copy.
>

> +=jt

* Re: [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
@ 2009-07-12 22:19     ` Ethan Grammatikidis
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2009-07-12 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:28:26 -0400
james toy <mail@0xabadba.be> wrote:

> Corey
>
> ==8<==
> > "Introduction to OS abstractions using Plan 9 from Bell Labs"
> >
> > Two previous sources for this document appear to be offline:
> >
> > http://lsub.org/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf
> ==8<==
>
> I suspect lsub will be back up very shortly.  If you cannot wait until
> then feel free to mail me off list and I will send you a copy.

Not official at all, but no trouble either:

http://eekee.org.uk/plan9/docbak/9.intro.pdf

The more hosts, the less chance of it going missing.

--
Ethan Grammatikidis

Those who are slower at parsing information must
necessarily be faster at problem-solving.

* Re: [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
@ 2009-07-12 22:29       ` Corey
From: Corey @ 2009-07-12 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sunday 12 July 2009 15:19:07 Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 17:28:26 -0400
>
> Not official at all, but no trouble either:
>
> http://eekee.org.uk/plan9/docbak/9.intro.pdf
>
> The more hosts, the less chance of it going missing.

Excellent - thanks; but just a heads-up, the directory is available,
but the file causes a 403.

Cheers

* Re: [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
@ 2009-07-12 22:30       ` Corey
From: Corey @ 2009-07-12 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks all, much obliged!

@ 2009-07-12 23:40       ` Jason Catena
From: Jason Catena @ 2009-07-12 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> The more hosts, the less chance of it going missing.

In this spirit, newly mirrored at
https://files.getdropbox.com/u/502901/9.intro.pdf

Jason Catena

* Re: [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
@ 2009-07-13  7:14   ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2009-07-13  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM, james toy<mail@0xabadba.be> wrote:

> I suspect lsub will be back up very shortly.  If you cannot wait until
> then feel free to mail me off list and I will send you a copy.

Sorry for this. The people from the University have been doing some maintenance
on the power lines weekend. I should be up soon.

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] nemo's book - where is it currently hosted?
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-07-13  8:50   ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2009-07-13  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm sorry but during this weekend we had a power down that
we have scheduled once a year in the entire building.

Things should be back online now.