[parent not found: <<8ccc8ba40911121034m484fdd72qd2c246ecc67bfd28@mail.gmail.com>]
[parent not found: <<Pine.BSI.4.64.0911112109360.13404@malasada.lava.net>]
* [9fans] usbd and boot
@ 2009-11-12  7:12 Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2009-11-12  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

How does usbd interact with the boot process?  I noticed
that #u gets mounted on /dev and usbd gets run by the boot
process.  I don't see /srv/usb getting mounted on /dev (thats
where the devices appear, right?).

If I plug in a usb keyboard during boot, would I get to use
it?  If so, how does it get accessed?  If I plug in a usb
disk, can I use it as the root filesystem?  If so, what kind
of root spec would I need to use?

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com