* [9fans]  No USB hotswap, except when booting with USB plugged in
@ 2010-01-09  1:44 Frederik Caulier
From: Frederik Caulier @ 2010-01-09  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans

When booting my JVC netbook with a USB stick plugged in Plan 9 will
recognized the device on boot and it will be usable when the system is
up. Removing the stick and plugging it in again will work fine, so
hotswap works here.

Problem:
When I boot *without* a USB stick plugged in Plan 9 won't
recognize/mount the USB stick while the system is up. Now hotswap
doesn't work.

Is this a bug or a feature? How could this be fixed?

FYI, I'm using a stock 9pcf kernel from Dec, 14 2009.

Best regards,
F. Caulier