* [9fans] text editor
@ 2002-04-26  8:47 Andrew Stitt
From: Andrew Stitt @ 2002-04-26  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hey, Im just getting into plan 9, and Im in desperate need of a text
editor that can deal with a keyboard intensive user, I dont like having to
reach over and touch my mouse everytime i want to move the cursor, it
seems as if any keyboard arrow keys just effect the overall window, not
the cursor address. Ive tried to read up on acme and sam and I dont see
anything that really addresses this. Are there keyboard commands to move
the cursor around or am i stuck having to fondle my mouse everytime i want
to move my cursor back two characters? thanks
     Andrew/A Frayed Knot

* [9fans] Re: text editor
@ 2002-04-29  9:36 ` Don
From: Don @ 2002-04-29  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> hey, Im just getting into plan 9, and Im in desperate need of a text
> editor that can deal with a keyboard intensive user, I dont like having to
> reach over and touch my mouse everytime i want to move the cursor, it
> seems as if any keyboard arrow keys just effect the overall window, not
> the cursor address. Ive tried to read up on acme and sam and I dont see
> anything that really addresses this. Are there keyboard commands to move
> the cursor around or am i stuck having to fondle my mouse everytime i want
> to move my cursor back two characters? thanks
>      Andrew/A Frayed Knot

Ever try Ed?
Don