* [9fans] Booting success with a dual floppy drive
@ 2000-06-19  8:41 Maura Dailey
From: Maura Dailey @ 2000-06-19  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I had been having some difficulty with booting the Plan9 floppy, but all is
well now. I have a dual floppy drive, and I had been noticing that once the
initial line or so of the boot disk dialog came up, the floppy seek would
switch to the second, 5.25, drive.

It would invariably fail and demand to know where it's files were.
Unfortunately, my solution required that I disable the second drive in the
bios. Not a huge loss, I admit, and it did work.

So to sum it up, if you have two floppy drives, try disabling it in the
bios. Perhaps this problem will be solved later, but getting Plan9 to boot
at all is a relief at this point.

I'm looking forward to getting this up and running. It looks awesome!

- Maura
sandalfoot.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-06-19  8:41 UTC | newest]