* [9fans] How To display Chinese under Plan9?
@ 2000-12-18 12:04 Sunset Yang
From: Sunset Yang @ 2000-12-18 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

   In the font directory,I can see that there is the support of Chinese
included in the System.But How Can I display the Chinese character
correcttly?
   Also the telnet is difficult to use while the scrren doesn't support
autoscroll without support of Up/Down/Esc keys.Can I do something
useful then?
   Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Re: [9fans] How To display Chinese under Plan9?
@ 2000-12-18 14:32 rob pike
From: rob pike @ 2000-12-18 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>   In the font directory,I can see that there is the support of Chinese
> included in the System.But How Can I display the Chinese character
> correcttly?

First, you need to make sure the characters are in Unicode. If they
are encoded in another encoding, you will need to use tcs(1) or
some other method to convert them to Unicode.   Then set your
font; depending on your preferences, try
	font = /lib/font/bit/pelm/fangsong.9.font
or
	font = /lib/font/bit/pelm/song.9.font
or some other variant.  Look at these files - just cat them - to see
what they look like. You can put this line in your profile, or
set the font just before you run rio or some other graphics program.

Don't forget you can run rio in a window, and this is an easy way
to switch fonts for a while.

-rob

* Re:  [9fans] How To display Chinese under Plan9?
@ 2000-12-18 12:42 Jean Mehat
From: Jean Mehat @ 2000-12-18 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> the scrren doesn't support
> autoscroll without support of Up/Down/Esc keys

Middle Button -> scroll
or, in lib/profile, replace "rio" with "rio -s"