* Re: [9fans] rc.vim  rc shell vim syntax file
@ 2009-12-03 10:56 ` Jacob Todd
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jacob Todd @ 2009-12-03 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 12:34:47PM +0000, weakish wrote:
> You can get it at vim.org:

> This vim syntax file is made for the rc for unix port.  Though I think
> it will also be helpful for rc on plan9 since the syntax is quite
> similar.
Which rc port? There's [1], which I thought I read people bickering about how
it was different than Plan 9's rc, or are you talking about p9p's rc?

[1]http://rc-shell.slackmatic.org/
--
Jake Todd
// If it isn't broke, tweak it!

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 205 bytes --]

* [9fans] rc.vim  rc shell vim syntax file
@ 2009-12-03 12:34 weakish
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: weakish @ 2009-12-03 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You can get it at vim.org:

This vim syntax file is made for the rc for unix port.  Though I think
it will also be helpful for rc on plan9 since the syntax is quite
similar.

The bugs of rc on plan9 I can think of:

* 'not' in 'if not' won't highlighted
* 'else' should not be highlighted
* `followded by a word should not be highlighted
* minor issues regarding with $^foo and $"foo (maybe)

Besides those bugs, it should works fine on a plan9 rc. (I am just
guessing since I cannot reach a plan9 system.)  And these bugs can be
fixed easily by editing a few regex.

* Re: [9fans] rc.vim  rc shell vim syntax file
@ 2009-12-03 17:12 ` Andy Spencer
From: Andy Spencer @ 2009-12-03 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> This vim syntax file is made for the rc for unix port.  Though I think
> it will also be helpful for rc on plan9 since the syntax is quite
> similar.

Hey weakish, I've been working on a similar syntax file for a little
while but I guess I forgot to post it to 9fans.. I've been going off
rc(1) from plan9port so the syntax might be a little different depending
on which version you've been working towards.

Before I forget again, I've also put together a mk.vim syntax file as
well as rc and mk indent files and some filetype detection scripts, all
of which are available here:

http://lug.rose-hulman.edu/svn/misc/trunk/config/spenceal/vim/^( \
	syntax/^(rc.vim mk.vim test.rc test.mk) \
	indent/^(mk.vim rc.vim) \
	filetype.vim \
	scripts.vim \
)

I talked to Bram a bit ago about getting these included in Vim proper,
but haven't finished that up yet. The main thing left to do is to sort
out filetype detection so that rc and mk don't clobber the GNU/Linux rc
and make filetypes.

@ 2009-12-04 15:58 ` weakish
From: weakish @ 2009-12-04 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Dec 4, 12:06 am, jaketodd...@gmail.com (Jacob Todd) wrote:

> Which rc port? There's [1], which I thought I read people bickering about how
> it was different than Plan 9's rc.
> [1]http://rc-shell.slackmatic.org/
> --
> Jake Todd

Yes,  this version.  In fact there are not too much differences
(especially for syntax highlight).  For example, `word is not valid in
p9/p9p's rc, but since it is invalid,  p9/p9p users won't write this,
so they will not care about whether it get highlighted in another
version of rc script.

* Re: [9fans] rc.vim rc shell vim syntax file
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-12-04 16:44 ` weakish
From: weakish @ 2009-12-04 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Dec 4, 1:17 am, andy753...@gmail.com (Andy Spencer) wrote:

> Hey weakish, I've been working on a similar syntax file for a little
> while but I guess I forgot to post it to 9fans.. I've been going off
> rc(1) from plan9port so the syntax might be a little different depending
> on which version you've been working towards.

I have just found out that I've reinvented the wheel poorly. :-)

I've made some minor changes in your syntax file to make it compatible
with both p9p's rc and Byron Rakitzis' reimplementation (this is the
version I uses, which was packaged by Debian and macports).  I have
traded off error detection like `foo `bar since Byron's rc allows this
(but `foo` bar still get detected).    And I've uploaded the new
version at vim.org:  http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id(80

Regares,

Weakish Jiang