* [9fans] USB wireless devices
@ 2003-08-25  4:13 Rob Ristroph
From: Rob Ristroph @ 2003-08-25  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I was in the store looking to see if I could find a wireless ethernet
card I was sure would work on Plan 9.  I saw various USB devices,
which have a radio with a USB connection.  I was hoping that these
might be easier to get working, similar to how modems with a serial
port connection don't requre special drivers.

However, a bit research into the linux drivers for the same device
makes it seem that this is not the case.  They all have special
drivers in addition to the regular USB driver.

Has any one attempted to get a device like this working with Plan 9 ?

--Rob