* [9fans] Acme niceties
@ 2009-08-11 22:40 Micah Stetson
From: Micah Stetson @ 2009-08-11 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

One thing I like about acme is it doesn't present me with little
annoyances I must learn to work around.  Instead I find little
niceties like this:  I was editing an over sized tag in a way that
would cause it to shrink, leaving my mouse pointer outside.  But acme
nicely warped the pointer so it remained in the tag and my typing
wasn't redirected unexpectedly.  It's a small thing, but it made me
happy, and I wanted to say thanks to whomever is responsible.  I'm in
the mood to appreciate small things today.

Micah

* Re: [9fans] Acme niceties
@ 2009-08-12  3:22 ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2009-08-12  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

It wasn't me with this exact feature but I'll take credit for moving
the mouse where you want it.  Sam did it with its menus, but Acme took
it much farther.  I like it a lot and I appreciate your noticing.
(Did you ever notice it puts it back when it's done?   Error window
pops up, mouse moves there; delete the window, mouse moves back.)

-rob

* Re: [9fans] Acme niceties
@ 2009-08-12  3:24   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-12  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> (Did you ever notice it puts it back when it's done?   Error window
> pops up, mouse moves there; delete the window, mouse moves back.)

worth one smile per day, after all these years.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Acme niceties
@ 2009-08-12  4:21     ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2009-08-12  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>wrote:

> > (Did you ever notice it puts it back when it's done?   Error window
> > pops up, mouse moves there; delete the window, mouse moves back.)
>
> worth one smile per day, after all these years.
>

> - erik

* Re: [9fans] Acme niceties
@ 2009-08-13 17:48       ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2009-08-13 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Stupid gmail, they hide the smiley and think it's 'quoted text'.
Didn't they learn utf-8?
It's acmematic.