* Re: [9fans] smiley, chess and euro symbols in postscript fonts?
@ 2002-04-15 14:32 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-04-15 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Are they simply missing from the ps fonts.

Yes.  The postscript font, Lucida Sans Unicode, is not all-inclusive.

-rob

* [9fans] smiley, chess and euro symbols in postscript fonts?
@ 2002-04-15 14:27 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-04-15 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The fix that Russ suggested, to download the ps fonts to the printer,
works nicely -- except for funny symbols like the smiley, chess symbols,
and the euro sign, when I print a 'plain' utf file containing those
characters. Are they simply missing from the ps fonts, or???
(this seems to be supported by the result of printing /lib/keyboard)

Still, seeing (being able to see) (almost) all those 'funny' symbols
from/in /lib/keyboard on the screen and now also on paper, just like
that -- I know it comes with the system, but still I'm pretty impressed...

Axel -- my other system is a sun/sparc with X without utf...