From: underspecified@gmail.com
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] frogs and osx
Date: Wed,  6 Feb 2008 22:51:28 +0900	[thread overview]

Just to add my two cents, I had a bit of fun trying to identify the
cause of some strange behavior in Acme SAC for OS X.
The home directory started refusing to display the contents of my home
directory. The culprit? An icon file had snuck in
and its carriage return was giving Acme SAC a headache. I agree that
OS X probably shouldn't store icons in that manner
(even the applications aren't silly enough to do that), but this is
something we might just have to work around. Not being
able to access directories with icons is a large price to pay to take
the high ground ...

--underspecified