* [9fans] No physical memory Error on installation
@ 2001-01-29  9:47 Marc Jones
From: Marc Jones @ 2001-01-29  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I was trying to install Plan 9 for the first time and during installation
before it prompted me for anything I got this message

No physical memory
No physical memory
No physical memory

It just keeps scrolling. Any ideas?

                            Thanks
                                    Marc Jones

* [9fans] Re: No physical memory Error on installation
@ 2001-01-31 10:19 ` Stephen Griese
From: Stephen Griese @ 2001-01-31 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I get the same thing.  I don't have the required 32mbytes of RAM, and I
suspect that this is the problem.

@ 2001-02-05  9:56   ` pbecker1054
From: pbecker1054 @ 2001-02-05  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <t7bg0qebj4837b@corp.supernews.com>,
  Stephen Griese
<GrieseFamily@remove-this.peoplepc.com> wrote:
> I get the same thing.  I don't have the required
32mbytes of RAM, and I
> suspect that this is the problem.

Probably. Yesterday I got the same error message
when I tried to install Plan 9 on an 5 year old
Pentium having 16 MB RAM. I added 32 MB and the
message disappeared.

> Marc Jones <marc.jones@uconn.edu> wrote in
message
> > I was trying to install Plan 9 for the first
time and during installation
> > before it prompted me for anything I got this
message

> > No physical memory
> > No physical memory
> > No physical memory