I downloaded the plan9.iso a few days ago, and when I load it up in qemu, the system time is off by more than 6 years. However, I never had this problem when I ran an older version of plan9 (about 3 years older). I searched through the archive of 9fans, and there were some mention of a similar clock drift problem on other platforms. Anyways, I checked /dev/rtc and /dev/time. It appears that /dev/rtc is correct while /dev/time is way off. If I do "cat /dev/rtc > /dev/time", the clock gets reset to its correct value, but after a few minutes, it reverts back to an incorrect value. I just wonder why I never had this problem with the older version of plan9. If both versions show similar behavior, I would be more inclined to put the blame on qemu. I shall much appreciate any insight from a more experienced user of developer of plan9.