By the way, I also tried the most recent version of plan9.iso on a Dell PC (celeron 2.8GHZ), the clock comes up correct. On 11/25/06, ron minnich wrote: > > On 11/24/06, Myron Cheung wrote: > > I downloaded the plan9.iso a few days ago, and when I load it up in > qemu, > > the system time is off by more than 6 years. However, I never had this > > problem when I ran an older version of plan9 (about 3 years older). I > > searched through the archive of 9fans, and there were some mention of a > > similar clock drift problem on other platforms. Anyways, I checked > /dev/rtc > > and /dev/time. It appears that /dev/rtc is correct while /dev/time is > way > > off. If I do "cat /dev/rtc > /dev/time", the clock gets reset to its > > correct value, but after a few minutes, it reverts back to an incorrect > > value. > > I am still seeing the same problem. I think I fixed this in Xen by > taking the clock interrupt but always picking up the value of the time > from the rtc, but I am not sure. But there is definitely a problem > here. > > ron >