* [9fans] permissions in /net
@ 2006-10-07 14:18 Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2006-10-07 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I found the files 'iproute' and 'arp' to be without any write
protection.  While it was easy to restrict write permissions to the
hostowner[1], I am not completely sure if that would break something
on other people's systems.(?)

For instance, ip/rip needs to write to 'iproute'.  I'm guessing it is
common use to run it as hostowner, guessing right?

BTW: Do you consider write access to 'log' critical as well?

Heiko

[1] 'eve' stands for the hostowner in the kernel's terminology,
doesn't she?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-10-07 14:18 UTC | newest]