* [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-11  1:30 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-11-11  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There is a new CD on the web page now that has freshly
built 9load, 9pcflop, and 9pccd.  Earlier versions had
older versions of one or more, which meant that 9load
crashed or VESA didn't work.

Various other reported bugs have also been fixed, and
there are freshly built kernels on sources.

I think that at this point, Jim and I have addressed all the kernel
bug reports we've gotten.  If you find something not working
with the latest binaries, please mail 9trouble.

Thanks.
Russ

P.S.  To clear up any confusion: if you get "exception/interrupt 14"
when booting, that's not your kernel.  It means that you need
to install a new 9load.  The new 9load can boot both old and new
kernels.

* Re: [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-11  4:45 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2005-11-11  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I think that at this point, Jim and I have addressed all the kernel
> bug reports we've gotten.  If you find something not working
> with the latest binaries, please mail 9trouble.

One often forgets to say thanks.

Jim, Russ, you're doing a wonderful job.

++L

* Re: [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-16 10:55 ` Gorka guardiola
From: Gorka guardiola @ 2005-11-16 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Me too. I got a weird inteLgrated VGA card to work and now I have a new
lightning fast terminal. THANKS!!!.

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-11  5:25 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-11-11  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > One often forgets to say thanks.
> >
> Yes

Yesss.  my thanks too!

* Re: [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-11  5:02 Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2005-11-11  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lucio, 9fans

> One often forgets to say thanks.

Yes

Thanks!

Federico G.Benavento

---
/bin/fortune:
What Jesus fails to appreciate, is that it's the meek that are the problem.

* Re: [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-11  2:17 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-11-11  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I see.  The following should be it.
>         md5 ea67840399f81056b423c6f482b2f757
> I'll wait for 15 min just to be sure.

No, md5 0f8f5077ddfd332c3a775e3aa79acdc2

Russ

* Re: [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-11  2:10 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-11-11  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It looks like you might have gotten a corrupted image.
> The one you want is the last one listed at
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9checksums.txt

I see.  The following should be it.
	md5 ea67840399f81056b423c6f482b2f757
I'll wait for 15 min just to be sure.
--
"on travel, off the network ... and a fossil in my pocket"

* Re: [9fans] new kernels
@ 2005-11-11  2:04 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-11-11  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Could you let me know the md5sum of the new CD?
> I'd like to make sure that I'm using the best image
> to distribute at the conference.
>
> What I've downloaded had:
>         0f8f5077ddfd332c3a775e3aa79acdc2        plan9.iso.bz2

I screwed up and sent that mail a little too early.
The CD image didn't finish building until 15 minutes later.

@ 2005-11-11  2:01 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-11-11  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans