* [9fans] xen & plan9 cpuserver
@ 2007-01-28 22:54 Phil Kulin
From: Phil Kulin @ 2007-01-28 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I trying to setup cpu server under xen. Installation process is Ok.
I booting XenU domain with config:

kernel = "/home/xen/9xenpccpuf.gz"
memory = 144
name = "plan9cpu"
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/hda,hda,w']
extra="""
bootargs=local!#S/sdC0/fossil
"""

glenda for authid prompt, ENTER on other. Shell is ok.
Edit /rc/bin/cpurc with
http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Configuring_a_Standalone_CPU_Server/index.html
instruction is ok.

con /srv/fscons
prompt: uname bootes bootes

and no more long times....
I may to enter some sybmols, but no effect, no prompt.
xentop has STATUS --b---
I try to reboot and add user again. No effect.
What's wrong? Will I must to setup filesystem and user under "real" kernel?
What about some overviews? I am advanced unix-hosting system
administrator, but handless with new ideology without draft
introduction and some examples :(

--
Да будет осиян звездой момент нашей переписки!
Phil Kulin

* Re: [9fans] xen & plan9 cpuserver
@ 2007-01-29  9:16 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2007-01-29  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> con /srv/fscons
> prompt: uname bootes bootes
>
> and no more long times....
> I may to enter some sybmols, but no effect, no prompt.

Try ending your commands to fscons with a newline (ctrl-j) after the
return.  I think the xen 'xm console' interface is sending raw characters,
which makes the fossilcons confused.

-- Richard